Call to Order
The meeting was presided over by John Barnes, Council President.
Opening prayer provided by John Barnes.
The quorum was announced by the Secretary elect; 16 members needed to be present.
- Quorum was met
Church Roof Presentation by Art Mory
- Sanctuary roof was replaced approximately 1.5 years ago.
- Atrium/Classroom roof replaced 10-12 years ago
- Ongoing leaks in the following areas:
- Sanctuary – left rear wall (facing altar)
- Women’s Atrium Restroom
- Classroom 23 in CLC
- August 22, 2022, historic rain fall and flooding.
- Initial bids from Select Construction and Longhorn Roofing estimated up to $228K
Third Party Observations:
- Butch Threadgill – Threadgill Roofing
- Bret G Barnett, RRC, RRO – Services, Inc inspection report from September 20, 2022, provided.
- Contact Eagle Roofing:
- Beverly Byers will continue to make contact to discuss repairs.
- If no verbal contact was made – send a certified letter to demand repairs as listed in the original contract.
- If no satisfactory response for warrantied repairs under original contract – begin discussion of legal action.
- Get rebids based on RoofTech inspection report.
Answered by Art Mory, Mary Rosas and Beverly Byers
Motion made by Mary Rosas: Congregational approval to fund roofing repairs up to $250,000.00 and financing costs.
Motion seconded by Andrew Acosta