Property Management Team Annual Report
John Barnes, Chairperson, Board of Trustees
The Property Management Team is responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance and physical safety and security of the building and the grounds. While the Team was lacking in physical numbers in 2020, several members of Council stepped up to ensure that our property and grounds were well-maintained.
Projects completed during 2020
· Rekeying of all doors
· Repair of an ongoing roof leak above one of the CLC hallways as well as an air conditioner leak which caused ceiling damage in the prayer room.
· Installation of observation windows for two rooms in the Children’s Learning Center.
· Updated alarms system to 5G. This has made the system more operational with fewer interruptions and false readings.
· Replacement of malfunctioning panels in the skylight.
· Repair of areas of the CLC following the sewer backup in the spring.
· Playground remodel:
The goal is to fix a drainage problem caused by the current toddler playground by relocating the playground to another area and installing a drainage solution. Land Patterns has agreed to take on this project. Start-up date to be determined. The project is expected to be completed by the end of the year
· Sanctuary roof replacement:
Mary and Bev secured three bids. One bid covered repairs only and was eliminated. One bid was around $70,000, the third bid was around $50,000. John Barnes is reviewing the bids for comparability of materials to be used to determine which pricing is most reasonable.
· Storage shed:
NALC has requested to use part of a shed that we build (15X30 space) and can provide some funds. Beverly took the lead on this project and is currently in talks with NALC regarding their needs and funding. Bids will be sought once we can finalize details.
· Parking Lot:
Bids are being sought to repair certain areas that are deteriorating. Beverly took the lead on this project. The expected cost is around $15,000. This project is expected to be completed in 2021.
· Digital signs
John Barnes procured 3 bids that were in the $40K to $60K range. We are in a holding pattern on these right now and are now considering refurbishing rather than replacing the signs.
· Atrium Refresh
This project is in a holding pattern while other higher priority projects are being addressed.
· Sr. High Youth Room
An area of the floor needs to be replaced. No action was taken during 2020 as it was a lower priority than other ongoing needs.
Gopher projects (John Barnes, Mary Rosas and Donald Scheeler)
· Replacement of lights, upgrading many of them to LED.
· Repair of dripping faucets, running toilets, and drains
· Painted Pastor John’s office
· Refreshed wood paneling behind the choir risers.
· Trimmed trees and shrubs in the spring; cleaned up the landscape.
· Fixed sticking doors and malfunctioning door stops.
· Replaced a rotted shelf under the sink in the kitchen.
The Gophers have met almost every Monday night during 2020 from 7:00 p.m. until around 9:00 p.m.
We welcome anyone who enjoys doing “handyman” projects and has a heart for God’s house.