In Attendance: Pastor Scott, Bev, John, Donald, Bill, Lois, DJ, and Marc
- Water to Thrive – Rod and Lynn – no updates
- Open Item: Disposition of excess funds discussed, and Pastor will provide list of options, such as Angel Tree, Hatti disaster relief, etc., from discussions he had at Convocation on or before next scheduled meeting
- NALC Gift Cards for Disaster Relief
- Pastor delivered card(s) at Convocation.
- Total of $8,000.00 delivered to disaster relief at Convocation.
- Mission Trip and Construction Updates
- Mara to coordinate open items from mission trip with MM team.
- MM team to begin every Saturday workdays beginning the 11th of September at 9 a.m.
- Bev to coordinate announcement in bulletin with Julia
- Garden of Hope – Marc
- Garden will lie fallow until next spring. No fall planting scheduled.
- Overseeding of garden with annual rye grass to be coordinated by Marc.
- Elderly and Home Bound – John B.
- No updates as this time.
- Marc will reach out to Jan and Amanda Kimble.
- Storage Building NALC
- Electric quote (30K) provided by Art to Bev and will distribute to MM team for review.
- Expenditure will require securing other quotes.
- Bev to reach out to Mary Bates (NALC) to process going forward and reimbursement of funds to be expending by NALC.
- Fall Cowtown Brush Up – October 2nd
- Trinity Habitat for Humanity has not released details on the project.
- Details and scheduling for late September.
- Marc will be out of town and will need another volunteer to attend “captain’s meeting” prior to the event, which is usually held either the Wednesday or Thursday before the event. John has tentatively volunteered to do so.
- Blessing of the Animals – Pastor Baker
- Delayed until spring of 2022.
- Pumpkin Patch/Trunk or Treat – Mara
- Delivery of pumpkins set for October 16th at 8 a.m. Volunteers encouraged to arrive by 7:30 a.m. Workday will be scheduled for that day as well.
- Christmas Shoebox – Mary
- Distribution, filling and collecting of shoe boxes to occur in November.
- Dates TBD by Mary
New Business / Future Projects:
Possible projects/events to be considered:
- Thanksgiving Pie Social – no action taken and with school out for one week over Thanksgiving the event may be shelved. TBD at next meeting.
- Oaks Indian Mission Fall Trip
- San Miguel Lutheran Financial Support – Marc/Bev – To be removed from next meeting agenda as no action has been nor will be taken in 2021.
- ASLC Music Venue – Mary
- Veterans Program – Rod Parks
- National Faith and Blue Weekend (see attached flyer)
- No call back from organization to Pastor Scott
- Will keep open until further notice.
- Homeless Backpacks – Bill and Lois
- Outreach program designed to address the needs of the homeless.
- Bill and Lois to provide more information regarding collection and distribution at next Mission Monday Meeting.
- Pastor voiced concerns of providing for those who may not truly be in need.
- Other outreach opportunities being considered by Bill and Lois e.g. Snacks by Teachers and further updates to follow.
- Welcome Wagon – new neighbors – being formulated by Mary Rosas – Bev to reach out for more information from Mary on what’s been done to date.
- Next Meeting – September 13th.
Meeting closed with prayer by John B.